> I have even encoded 48 kHz DVD sourced audio to FLAC with no
> problems. I also have a signal in the 80% range.

I believe you, ebough people report equal luck.

I don't know why, but I am experiencing some random instabilities:
vanishing playlists, incomplete library information - I have tried
updating the latest nightly a couple of times, to no avail. I have
little doubt with more effort I could fix it, but then again, that's
not what I want to do right now. I want to focus my effort on
digitizing my collection and enjoying the convenience.

I think there are fundamental incompatibilities between SQB, Slimserver
and Windows Media Player for now. We'll see how it all evolves. At 256k
it exceeeds the expectations I had. Above it, it underwhelms in my
particular case because of the issues. It is not a replacement for the
CD player, not by a mile, at least not yet - utter no-matter-what
stability has to catch up in my environment. Which is a pretty vanilla
one.

--
pablolie