Hi all,
I have found that the ideal volume setting on my SB3 is between 21-23.
Settings greater than 23 seem to lose bass and highs, and pinch the
overall sound and dynamics.  The downside of this is my preamp volume
must be set considerably higher to produce the same output than for the
other components I have attached.  This introduces the risk of blasting
my loudspeakersif someone changes inputs.  However, analog noise is not
a problem.  I am using the delivered power supply.

My questions for the group are would a power supply replacement enable
a higher volume setting on the SB while retaining the audio quality
which is superb at the lower setting?  Is the limiting factor here the
power supply or SQ's amplifier?

--
RSS