RSS Wrote:

> My questions for the group are would a power supply replacement enable
> a higher volume setting on the SB while retaining the audio quality
> which is superb at the lower setting?  Is the limiting factor here the
> power supply or SQ's amplifier?

Your problem is one that is hard to make sense of, but I guess the
answer is no, the power supply shouldn't affect the RCA output level.

Perhaps your preamp likes a lower input voltage, in which case you need
attenuation (lowering the RCA output level) of some sort.

As an experiment you can go to player settings in slimserver and set
attenuation to say 20db, then check volume settings 35-40 on the SB to
see if you notice change...

--
Skunk