2006-03-17-13:36:17 highdudgeon:
> Of course, Dan, who hasn't been reviewing speakers on a weekly basis
> for twenty years, who has no formal training in acoustics, no PhD in
> mathematics, who is not a recorded musician and engineer for
> well-received classical recordings, etc., certainly knows better.

H'mm.  I just know I'll regret stepping in here, but somehow I can't
help it...

I hate it when people seem to need to get snippy, and I understand your
reaction;  but for what it's worth, if this is the same "Maui Dan" I've
encountered before, he's a fellow with very good ears and a knack for
coming up with well-engineered but reasonable-cost ways to make
excellent equipment sound even better.  He's come up with some
significant drop-in improvements for TacT gear;  when I finally followed
up on his recommendations of Running Springs power conditioners I wished
I'd done it long before, before I'd invested so much in Shunyata
devices;  and of course since he seems to share my enthusiasm for
Audience AU24 interconnects he must be a man of discernment :-).