I now also have a linear power supply.  I ordered the power-one that was
recommended and put it all together this weekend.

Does it sound better?  I think that it is too early for me to say yet
but it definitely does sound different.  What I can also say is that I
loved every moment of soldering and putting it all together.  I now
realize how much I miss the pre CD times of HiFI.  Playing music
involved cleaning discs, aligning cartridges, adjusting the mass on the
tone arm and all in pursuit of that improvement in sound.  Nowadays we
take the CD player out of the box and just play it and there is no
possibility of tinkering with it.  So I would like to thank the members
of this board who have raised the whole linear power supply subject.
Once again I had the chance to experiment and do something myself to
improve the sound.  So guys what next?

--
RalphO