Very nice to wake up to, indeed!   And, honestly and with all due
respect, I wonder if even the wee differences he heard between it and
the CDP, when listening very carefully, are more psychological in
nature than anything else.  Expectations are powerful.  In the end,
though, he rules them irrelevant.  So, there you go: the $300
Squeezebox can, officially, and now not just from the mouths of us,
replace a kilo-buck CD player.

I'm not familiar with the Levinson DAC.  My guess, and this is
something I brought up elsewhere, is that a buffering/re-clocking DAC
like the Lavry and perhaps Mytek would make the point moot.  And,
you're still looking at a lot less money than an audiophile DAC...with
an easy way to upgrade to a later SB or DAC down the road.

Kudos Slim Devices!

--
highdudgeon