mauidan Wrote:
> Please tell us what "best" transport/DAC combos out there, you've heard
> that you base this guess on? Please be sure and tell us if these
> transport/DAC combos were link to a central clock, what type of digital
> connection/cable was used, were any of the components modified and
> finally, what system was used to evaluate their performance.

My reply was clearly qualified by using the term "guess". However, if
you'd like to let me borrow some of that fancy equipment, I'd gladly
test it for you.

--
ezkcdude

SB3->Derek Shek TDA1543/CS8412 NOS DAC->MIT Terminator 2
interconnects->Endler Audio 24-step Attenuators (RCA-direct)->Parasound
Halo A23 125W/ch amplifier->Speltz anti-cables->DIY 2-ways + Dayton
Titanic 10" subwoofer

He's not hi-fi, he's my stereo.