Phil Leigh Wrote:
> Yeah well my experience is very different in that case. I have (retail)
> CD's that produce 1,000's of errors. I have CD's that are so sha*ged
> that EAC won't rip them...and they sound like sh*t on ANY cdp...I mean
> audible distortion of a foul nature - unlistenable.
The first time I mentioned the error-free nature of reading CDs, I did
specify non-faulty ones. I fully agree that faulty CDs (ie. ones
manufactured outside the redbook spec, and ones that have been damaged)
can produce horrendous rates of uncorrectable errors. It sounds like
you're very unlucky in the number of such CDs you possess.

--
cliveb