Willie B Wrote:
> What do people think of the little sonic impact super-T amp?  It has had
> some great reviews and is very inexpensive (£120 approx i UK)?  I am
> thinking of hooking one up to a modified SB but would welcome advice on
> speaker choice given the relatively low power of the amp.  Off to work
> soon but will be back online tonight
>
> Looking forward to advice and comments
>
> Willie B

It depends on how far you will be sitting from the speakers. I use a
T-amp with a pair of JBL Control 1 speakers with my PC and an external
RME soundcard (=high quality) and the combination is really good. Will
produce good volume for a small/medium sized room like a typical
bedroom or study (and this is with the T-amp volume at the 12 o'clock
setting for maximum sound quality).

The Control 1s are great value little speakers - about £50 per pair in
the UK from various eBay seller.

Andrew

--
Andrew B.