cepheid Wrote:
> OK, something is quite weird here... *P Floding* just quoted a post by
> *Mark Lanctot*, but I can't see Mark's original post in this thread!
> Am I insane, or is there some setting on my forum preferences that is
> preventing me from seeing Mark's post?

No, you're not imagining things.  I deleted my post because I gave some
obviously inaccurate information.

> As for Mark's comment, that's a valid point... my receiver also has a
> free-spinning volume knob.  But I don't know whether it's digital
> volume or not.

In consumer-level devices I would seriously doubt whether it's a true
analog bypass, but I can't be sure.

I now remember why I no longer post in the audiophile forum - everytime
I do I end up putting my foot in my mouth.

--
Mark Lanctot