Interesting... I've experienced this first hand as I've recently moved
into a smaller space. My hifi was built up and sized around my previous
listening area and my current one is approx. half the size.

The sound has gotten noticeably worse - not "bad" by most people's
standards I guess but to me the bass has moved from being slightly
light to manically out of control!

So, given that I can't afford (and don't particulaly want) to change my
current speakers for something smaller, are there any links you can
point me to for "room treatment"? I know that carpetings, coverings etc
can make a difference but I don't know what sort of changes are likely
to have what sort of impact. Are there any general rules of thumb I can
use?

Are we talking about coating walls with egg-cartons here or something
more subtle?

Marc.

--
sugarmonster