I've been searching for a nice pair of active monitors to go with my
computer for a while. My bias is towards budget pro audio equipment. My
short list is:

Tapco S5's (~£230)

http://www.tapcoworld.com/products/s5/index.html

* They've had quite a few good reviews such as:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb04/articles/tapcos5.htm

* You can match them with the Tapco SW10 subwoofer (~£250)

* Alternatively, the larger S8's are about £300 and give much more
bass

A recent SOS review of the ESI Pro Near05 Experience was quite
positive. They also recommended looking at the Fostex PM Range.

http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/products/pm_series_mkII.shtml

Since I can't find any great deals on ebay (like Genelec's or Mackie's
:-), I'll probably get the Tapco S5's.

--
ianwi