tomsi42 Wrote:
> In that case, I have another test that can be done. Create a test signal
> with a slight DC offset added. sample one has +x added, sample two has
> -x added. If they sound different, it should be the effect of the DC
> offset that we hear. How large x can be, I don't know, though...
In principle a DC offset should not be audible. But there is a
mechanism which could make it so in practice. Any DC offset will move
the operating domain of the voice coil to a different position in the
drive unit. No drive unit is perfectly linear over its operating range
(variations in the magnetic field, changes in cone suspension
compliance, etc), and this could conceivably cause an audible
difference.

--
cliveb