2006-05-25-14:45:45 Skunk:
> I would still like to buy a non-oversampling DAC for comparison.

They're worth a listen.  I ordered a stock LiTe DAC-Ah to hear what the
fuss was about (it's certainly cheap enough, and seems solidly built for
under $200), and I'm glad I did.  My internal jury's still out with
respect to whether or not I'd find it annoying living in a really
high-quality system (is that high-frequency detail simply less
insistent, or partly not even there?)

As an exercise in balancing out flavors, though -- putting that DAC in
place of a built-in one in a cheapish system which had a tendency to be
on the lean and insistent side really made for a more pleasant,
full-bodied taste.  Nice vocal presence.