rbl Wrote:
> One question though. If the frequency response deviates by 10db (an
> absolute minimum in most setups), then a 100W amp would have to have an
> output of 1000W at that -10db point, and I'd hate to think how the
> speakers would react. So can it really flatten the frequency response
> and still give a sensible listening volume?

The secret is that you have to make sure you trim off peaks, but don't
try to boost valleys.  This may require some manual fussing with the
target curve.  When you're done, though, the result is worth it -- the
room drops away to a remarkable degree, yet you don't blow up your
speakers.

The best sound I've heard with an RCS has been when the RCS's corrected
output is being fed into a TacT digital amp, instead of having to do a
D/A conversion before feeding conventional analog amps.  A synergistic
combination, indeed.  And the RCS is capable of communicating with the
TacT amps to do volume control without shifting bits, at least for most
of the range -- instead, the amp modulates its power-supply voltage
instead of throwing away digital information.

(Yes, I've been drinking the TacT Kool-Aid bigtime.)

--
jbm0