rudholm Wrote:
> Sean, did you try painting the BNCs with a purple marker?  I understand
> that attenuates the negative aural energy patterns in the room.  Also,
> you should try changing the knobs on the scope to wooden ones that
> eliminate microvibrations that rob the sound signal of its "presence"
> and "transparency".

I didn't, but I did try a few different cables, and noticed significant
differences in the waveform - not enough that I'd expect bit errors
under normal circumstances, but with a longer cable run it could matter
a lot.

The thing to keep in mind about jitter is that it is not just a
horizontal (time) issue - it's as much a function of vertical noise
affecting the point at which the input senses a transition,  (there is
no such thing as a square wave)... better, higher bandwidth cable will
have a sharper transition, meaning less of a window during which noise
can move the transition point.

Anyway I'm not trying to debunk everything, but just get a clearer
picture of where improvements are feasible. If you really think the
purple marker will help, I can give it a try... Expo or Magic? :)

--
seanadams