Phil Leigh Wrote:
> Maybe - I have no means of telling - it's just a theory...

Definitions:
http://www.answers.com/topic/theory says a "theory" is:
A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts
or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is
widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural
phenomena.

A "hypothesis" is:
A tentative explanation for an observation, phenomenon, or scientific
problem that can be tested by further investigation.

The difference is VERY important.  Common misunderstanding and misuse
of the word "theory" can lead to all sorts of silliness, as we have
seen in the courts recently...

On the topic of this thread, I am pleased to see this sort of testing
being done.  Someone once said  "if you're not producing numbers,
you're not doing engineering".

TD

--
tyler_durden