I have a 8-10kHz whine coming from SB right channel analog output,
confirmed by swapping and experimenting with other components. I have
entered a bug fix for it, maybe it is just something broken and not a
bug. But for curiosity..

Does anyone have similar high pitched whining noise coming from one or
both channels of their SB 2/3? It is most easy to hear with SB
connected directly to a high powered separate amplifier while SB is
muted. The noise level does not change with software volume control,
but music level does.

I noticed it while trying the NuForce amps. I never noticed it before
with the integrated amp where I use the amp volume control and keep SB
S/N maxed with its volume control set to 40.
Thanks,
Rich

--
richidoo