dwc Wrote:
> Looks really cool, but it's a bit crude at 9-channels.
> [for comparison the DEQ is 31-channels, independent L+R control]
>
> It would be great to see this idea developed, but it looks like some
> serious coding and a serious load on the CPU to run in stream.
>
> -Dan

About the load on the CPU, please correct me if I'm wrong, but it
doesn't seem like much to me.  16 bit audio is 1.4 megabits/second of
data.  Applying one of these filters means taking the Fourier
transform, multiplying by the filter, and then taking the inverse
transform.  Even using standard FT (rather than FFT) the number of
operations should scale as the number of bits, so we're talking about
millions of operations per second, which is peanuts for today's GHz
CPU's, no?

--
opaqueice