Ali-M Wrote:
> Another stupid question:
>
> I'm currently doing a back-up of all my music. As you already have
> guessed I'm using FLAC compression. However, I plan to buy an iPod in
> the near future and it got me thinking: wouldn't it be more convinient
> if I ripped my music to Apple Loseless instead of FLAC? That way I
> could play Apple Loseless in Slimerserver and STILL transfer the songs
> to my iPod...
>
> How's the Apple compression rate compared to FLAC?

If I remember correctly, ALAC (Apple) compressed a little better that
FLAC.

Have you thought about players from other producers (iRiver, iAudio,
etc) ? They have models that support FLAC.

Finally, do you need lossless on your player ? They eat up diskspace
very quickly. I have a 20G iAudio X5 and use mp3 or oggs so I get
enough music with me...

--
tomsi42

SB3, Rotel RC-1070/RB-1070, dynaBel Exact.