1... Music coming from my hard drive instead of my cdp has proved to be
a big improvement...when using foobar, with the SB3 this has been
compromised by brightness.
2... But from reading through numerous positive threads here and SB3
reviews in Stereophile amongst others I have to assume that the fault
lies in my own systems 'warmth'
3... Foobar was warm and detailed, my cdp was warm but vague and at
times bloomy, the SB3 is HIGHLY detailed but at times Harsh and
sibilant.
4. modern interconnects are like the tone controls of yesteryear imo,
the VDH carbon fibre interconnects will hopefully allow me to keep all
this wonderful resolution that the SB3 delivers without the ear frying
sibilence.

OK..pls Try ripping a cd then click on 'review tracks' Its not that im
picking up glitches through listening, rather the EAC program tells me
there are glitches. It doesnt seem to matter about the material quality
of the CD (scratches, dirt etc).

Ive checked and it seems that my CD drive does not have the accurate
stream feature....could this be the problem?  if so can you recommend a
decent drive with this feature?

I always use my External Dac and never the analogue outs.. this has
been the case with my cdp, foobar2000 and the SB3.

Perhaps being english i prefer a more mellow sound man, I chose the Bel
canto over the Benchmark 1 for this reason  :)

Jack.

--
Lyonesse