P Floding Wrote:
> The doorbell sends a wireless signal to the extender. The extender
> doesn't listen via a microphone (although that would be a very novel
> approach).

There's a gadget that sits "on" the doorbell, and is activated when it
rings and sends the wireless signal.  I would have thought it connected
electronically (to the doorbell) until I read this:

sleepysurf Wrote:

> If I disconnect my speakers, the doorbell doesn't ring, so it's not
> spurious noise from somewhere else in my audio chain. It's clearly
> triggered from the speakers hitting a certain high note. I just played
> around varying the Benchmark volume control, and *can* trigger the
> doorbell (even WITH the analog muted), if I crank it up just a bit, so
> perhaps there is a slight decrease in S/PDIF output gain when the Pre
> Amp Volume Control is set to 63. Perhaps there is something else in my
> listening room resonating, and amplifying that particular note, but I
> doubt my wife will let me strip it bare one item at a time <g>.
> Unfortunately, I've gotta run to a meeting, and am working late
> tomorrow... will continue experimenting Thurs.

Anyway, what additional source of RFI is there if speakers are
connected versus not?  I'm very confused.

--
opaqueice