PhilNYC Wrote:
> Andy, when you changed the setting to 63, did you stop the music and
> then re-start it?  As mentioned previously, you might have to stop
> streaming to the SB in order for the setting to take effect.

It would be great if those who hear a difference would try it blind.
Just have a friend sit by the server, flip a coin - heads change the
setting, tails keep it, then restart the track - and see how many times
out of ten you get it right.  That's simply the only way (not counting
doorbells) to determine if this really makes a difference.

I don't have an opinion one way or the other on if it's real (not
having an external DAC anymore I can't test it myself), but on the
other hand many other times - on this board and others - people
(including me) who were quite certain they could hear a difference like
this couldn't do so blind.  Personally I'm always eager to try it blind,
because I think it's amazing how easily our minds can trick us...

--
opaqueice