ezkcdude wrote:
> opaqueice Wrote:
>> One can imagine lots of possible effects which would sound good to
>> almost everyone - like making the volume slightly higher, for example.
>
> Yes, but in that case most people would also hear the change. We're
> talking about a tweak in which half of us don't hear anything, and half
> think it's the best thing since sliced bread.
>
> Let's get to the root of the problem. I believe it's psychology, but
> for a different reason. I think that people say they hear a change,
> because it says how great their system is. And if you don't hear a
> difference, it's because your setup is not as good as theirs. Moreover,
> the smaller the tweak, the better their system is. Heck, that argument
> was used just a few posts ago. In my opinion, it's more about bragging
> rights than about sound.

Here's an analogy:

"I've noticed that putting sugar in my coffee makes it taste sweeter.
Does anyone else find that?"

I suggest that most people will also find this; some may not be able to
taste the difference, but I'll bet that no-one will say that adding
sugar made the coffee less sweet.

Using your logic, that fact that there were no negative reports makes
you suspicious!

R.