blackbear;130430 Wrote:
> Speaking for myself, I came in with an open and curious mind and left
> conviced by Sean that upgrading the internals of my SB3 is not worth
> the money and effort. Should I find the SB lacking in sound quality as
> I upgrade the rest of my gear, I'll go the external DAC or Transporter
> route.
>
> ;-)
>
> (Baybee filters?  Puh-leese!)

That's the wrong conclusion!
The key word here is "cost"!
Sean says that the SB is built to a certain cost. He clearly doesn't
think a super-SB for double the price will interest enough audiophiles.
The Transporter, on the other hand, is built to impress  audiophiles
(although it looks more like it's build to impress studio technicians
for some reason).

Now, if you don't really want a big box for big bucks, and care more
about sound quality than posing credentials, you may well want to sink
a few hundred dollars more into the SB to take it to another level.
There is nothing wrong with that -it just isn't part of SD's strategy.

--
P Floding