Patrick Dixon;130951 Wrote:
> This is completely wrong - Upsampling/oversampling doesn't invent any
> data!  Interpolation is actually a filtering process which removes the
> repeat spectra that are created by the upsampling/oversampling process.
> The actual interpolation process doesn't improve the high frequency
> resolution at all - if anything the interpolation filter will remove
> some of the original high-frequency information.

I agree with your point with regards to overampling.  However, with
upsampling, if you upsample a 44.1khz data sample to 96khz, how do you
not invent new data?  The only common data points you will have between
these two sample rates will occur every 1 second...all intermediate data
points will be completely different...

--
PhilNYC

Sonic Spirits Inc.