P Floding;131013 Wrote:
> Surely, asynchronous means the clocks aren't running in synchrony, which
> would not have anything to do with sample rate conversion per se? (I
> have read a fair bit about sample rate conversion.)
>
> I don't really see why a one-clock system should perform asynchronous
> operations?

I'm going to make a guess here, so don't hold me to it...:-)

...but if you are changing the sample rate of the data, you will need
two clocks, no?  One clock runs at the original sample-rate (44.1khz)
and the second runs at the new sample rate (96khz).

This would perhaps not be true/necessary for oversampling at
integer-multiples, but it would absolutely need to be true for
upsampling at non-integer multiples, right?

--
PhilNYC

Sonic Spirits Inc.
http://www.sonicspirits.com