Pat Farrell;131023 Wrote:
> PhilNYC wrote:[color=blue]
>
> or one that runs at 44.1*48 and select the proper signal samples
> off a common clock.
>
> There was a time when 44.1kHz was a challenge.
> By the time SACD came out, 2.82 MHz was not a challenge.
> At least if you are not trying to use a Tube clock :-)
>
> So having one clock is not a big deal.
> But changing from 44.1 to 48 or 96 is a really bad idea, IMHO.

I agree that converting 44.1 to 48 is a bad idea.  But at least going
from 44.1 to 96 allows you to achieve some of the "moving artifacts to
a higher frequency" so that filtering those artifacts out.  But I agree
that it appears to be much smarter to simply do a full-integer
oversample.

--
PhilNYC

Sonic Spirits Inc.