You can see what my current system is in my sig.

My current upgrade plans for the next 6 months or so are:

1. GIK acoustics corner bass traps (maybe home brew if I can get some
705 cheaper, but it doesn't look like I can).

2. Rel strata subwoofer (I think the current rev is 5).

3. Maybe some treble absorbers for the side walls to deal with
reflections.

My room is 22x11 with 9' ceilings and a big opening along one side and
a big window along the other. In order to have the room usable as a
living room, I unfortunately have to have the speakers firing
lengthwise down the room.

The tempos have decent bass, so I was wondering whether it might be
better to get something like a benchmark, lavry or mytek first
(maybe a zhaolu or something, but all of those seem to be
controversial, so I was thinking the aforementioned DACs would be the
best bets, especially since my amp and pream have balanced inputs).

What do people think?

(just bought an elpac power supply off ebay, since it was only $15)

--
totoro