ChrisOwens;140681 Wrote:
> The knob is an Immersion TouchSense Programmable Rotary Module PR-1000.
> They have some info at
> http://www.immersion.com/industrial/docs/TSRotary_Oct04_v3_LR.pdf but
> it's not really a data sheet.
Oh, man.  What a can of worms.

I want detents for volume control.  No, make that the spring effect
instead.

If you use the barrier effect for volume, does that mean control from
either the remote control or web interface must then result in a
_physical_ reaction of the knob?  That's the nice thing that digital
volume controls have always avoided - the necessity of moving the
volume knob.  I don't think many people care that the knobs spin beyond
the point at which the highest or lowest setting is reached.

--
JJZolx

Jim