joncourage;143760 Wrote:
> Interesting, and a not terribly expensive penalty for those who can't
> DIY.
>
> Given your results I'm very tempted to get a set to put on unused
> inputs on my integrated receiver.
>
> As far as then grounding (is that the right term? I think you get my
> drift in any case) the SB3 by plugging the (unused) analog RCA
> connectors into something else, is it sufficent to say plug those into
> one of the receivers unused RCA analog inputs, such as the Tape input?
> Is there an alternative way to achieve the same grounding result (for
> instance, my Monster power conditioner has some sort of grounding screw
> thing on it, is there a way to send the ground from the SB to that?).
>
> Sorry for the incredibly dense/ignorant questions, you guys are clearly
> light-years more informed on these things, I just try to follow along
> and rig things up to get close.

You don't want to "send" any unused inputs to any other equipment, as
that will create ground loops that can only degrade sound. Every phono
socket (female) has signal and ground right there (ground is the
collar).

I have found the TacT to be very sensitive, and also providing high
enough resolution to notice all sorts of noise problems. It is not sure
at all that your receiver has any of these issues, or will show up
anything. I'd go for the cheap 0.7$ shorting plugs, if you want to
experiment, but only use them on inputs! Never, ever on outputs. (If
you are even a little bit confused about what constitutes input or
output, don't experiment at all with shorting plugs.)

--
P Floding