joncourage;144140 Wrote:
> Thanks.  (I'm good on ins/outs, hee hee - the practical stuff is easy,
> it's the electronics theory that gets over my head.)
>
> Far as my original q - I was thinking about plugging the SB's analog
> outs into unused analog ins on my receiver. Any reason to think this
> could cause a problem? I was thinking it could result in improvements
> along the lines of what was explained above....  or, maybe some way to
> ground the analog outs on the SB to the Monster power conditioner's
> grounding screw?)

Generally speakiong you want to ground locally, as otherwise the
cabling used to affect grounding can pick up noise and make matters
worse, rather than better. If you want to introduce more complex
grounding schemes you really have to know what you are doing.

In fact, the ground (neutral) wire in a bunch of interconnects from one
component to another introduces inductive loops that transform
electromagentical variations (i.e. 50/60 Hz fields) into currents that
flow round the loops. So today's standard with left and right separate
interconnects is less than ideal. Try to run your L & R leads as close
to each other as possible, to minimise the area of these loops!

--
P Floding