P Floding;144744 Wrote:
> Not necessarily, as the Naim rationale for the DIN solution is to avoid
> signal ground loops that result from using two separate interconnects
> (left and right). Not to stop RF entering unused connectors.

thanks for the feedback. Now it's much clearer what Naim was talking
about. I've always wondered what what were actual benefits of the DIN
connectors compared to the RCA connectors.
Coming back to that point, despite what Naim says, does it really make
an observable difference ? you've RCA conectors and you're pretty happy
with what you have, would the ground loops that result from left and
right connectors really degrade the sound ? I mean, can one tell a
difference between a RCA connected preamp and a DIN connected preamp in
a blind A/B test?
in recent times, Naim has added RCA connectors to their new preamp
models.

--
khewa