chuckylefrek;144948 Wrote:
> Hi there
>
> My squeezebox has been sitting waiting for me to choose an amp and
> speakers, which is quite frustrating.
>
> Anyway I have now just ordered the following and would like advice on
> how best to set the squeezebox up with this system to get the best
> sound:
>
> Denon AVR 1906
> 2 X Radius R90
> 2 X Radius R45
>
> I am totally new to all this audio stuff and have chosen the above
> based on my budget, what I have read on various forums and also to try
> and keep my other half happy by not filling the living room with lots
> of large boxes.
>
> So any tips on what is the best connection type, cabling etc would be
> really appreciated.
>
> I will be adding a subwoofer when finances allow but will have to cope
> with the above for now.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Chucky

Forget expensive cables.
Just make very sure all RCAs (phono plugs) are clean and a tight fit,
and do get a contact cleaner as well. Clean the speaker cable terminals
too and make sure they are tightly fitted.
You may want to compare performance between Toslink or coaxial digital.
(Remove the coax when evaluating the Toslink, and vice versa.) You may
also want to compare running the SB's analogue signal into the amp,
instead of the digital signal.

--
P Floding