seanadams;145337 Wrote:
> You know, that's actually a pretty interesting idea...

As long as it is an option and it isn't too expensive.

The problem with Sonos, as I see it, is that one remote control all the
units in the house. That would be ok for me, because I am a bachelor; so
I only need one. But what do you do when dad wants to listen to Steely
Dan in his workshop, mum wants to listen to soft jazz in the living
room with a few friends, and the kids are listening to internet radio
while doing homework... It gets very expensive when you have to have 4
or 5 remotes at $299! But with the squeezebox the remote (albeit a bit
simple) is included.

I would like a reasonably small remote (PDA size - eg. the Palm
lifebook) with a display (640x480 or better) that lets me browse my
music fast and makes it easy to create playlists quickly. If it uses
Wifi or is a pure remote using IR - wwhatever is cheap and reliable. A
scrollwheel is nice, or use a touch screen (with or without a stylus).

Why do I want it - because when I invite friends to a party, I let them
choose the music, and a laptop takes to much space (and it gets filled
with beer and wine and...).

--
tomsi42

SB3, Rotel RC-1070/RB-1070, dynaBel Exact, Kimber Kable 4TC and Timbre.