Well my Transporter should be here soon, I just got the shipping
email!!!

Anyway, I found the original thread where Sean mentioned the digital
"tape loop" functionality.
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=25812
also:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=124852#post124852

This was a big selling point of the Transporter for me.  If this
functionality isn't going to happen, I'm better off sticking with my
SB3 and putting the money towards an external DAC.  As much as I think
I'll like the dual display and other functions, the primary reason I
sprung for the Transporter is the sound quality (ie. better DAC).  If
by opting to use a Tact or DEQ2496, I can't use the Transporter's
internal DAC, that would really reduce the value of the Transporter for
me.

Hopefully someone from Slim can reassure us that this is going to
happen via a firmware update in the near future!!

--
jwiederhold