stevo;145868 Wrote:
> What is the advantage of using the approach above over using DRC
> software on the computer and do the correction before the Transporter?
> Have you investigated www.inguzaudio.com ?
>
> stevo

While I think this is a move in a right direction, let's see the
limitation.

Let's assume we're planning to have more then one SB, perhaps two or
three. Inguz plugin eats about 20% of computing resources for each one.
And if I want anything else then 44.1 kHz, it'll increase the required
computing power even more. Which means I can't use my PC for any heavy
tasks simultaneously, which comes to a requirement to have a dedicated
quite powerful PC for SlimServer if I don't want it to interfere with
my other computing tasks.

This is fine for some, but not for everybody.

The problem is that regular x86 CPU isn't optimized for floating point
calculations, so these calculations require tons of memory and CPU for
something dedicated floating point CPU would crank with ease.

What I believe would be the right solution is having a hardware support
- some pci-e card with a couple of floating point CPUs that would crank
the numbers, and all the rest is up to software. This would come to a
versatility level dedicated boxes could only dream of.

.

--
325xi

simaudio nova cdp >> simaudio moon i-5 >> revel performa m20 via
acoustic zen matrix reference ii and acoustic zen satori

-planned additions: sb3 >> deq2496 >> lavry da-10 >> ... or will it be
transporter?-