What is he thinking of doing with the SB?

I, too, don't have anything intrinsically against modding.  I've owned
plenty of modded stuff, including a wonderful CDP from Modwright (local
guy, at that).  That's not the issue.  The issue for me has always been
that some people can be a bit gullible and spend lots of money without
really understanding what is going on.  The nicer PSU is a good idea.
The $700 version is, well, for someone who has $700 burning a hole in
their pocket.  Everything within reason, eh?

As for the Transporter, I was so impressed by the SB3 from the
beginning, and then further impressed by the SB3 with some cutting edge
DACs, that I decided to pursue a relationship with the company.  I
believe in the smart, open-source develop SD uses and the fine products
they produce.  If these things were not facts, Logitech would not have
spent a considerable amount of money in buying a small company.

Again, don't take my word for it -- listen to what others, like Ben and
Tom, have to say about the Transporter.  I think it is a great sounding
and cool looking product.  However, if a person is not a "fanboy"
(whatever that is...I'm assuming a poor translation of some kind, as it
is not something I have ever heard in English), than why even haunt this
forum?  But that's another question.  Do whatever you like; be happy;
relax, it's about the music.

--
highdudgeon

Relax.  It's about the music.