Jeff Rowland knows a thing or two about audio, too.

For giggles, I just ran Phil's request experiment -- informally and
with children in the house.  Basically, I listened to the Transporter,
and then switched to Transporter into Lavry (nice that they are on the
same shelf).  The not surprising conclusion: the TP into the Lavry
sounds, well, like the Lavry.  The TP sounds like the TP and it has an
edge in imaging and precision.

To be honest, I expected it to be the other way around.  And, by way of
further disclaimer, I would be happy with the TP even if the Lavry were
a smidge better.  Why? Because I value the one-box solution and remote
control.  The fact that I like the TP better is icing on the cake of a
decision I had already made.

--
highdudgeon

Relax.  It's about the music.