I recently invested in a 12V lead acid battery  - completely sealed so
'clean' for a domestic environment, purchased a DC-DC regulator and am
VERY happy with the result. How did it affect the music - In every way
an AC supply cannot. Take my advice and look at battery solutions. You
only use them when you are really listening, so the longevity of the
supply isn't important. I have a 7 Amp Hour battery which keeps going
for about 6 hours fully charged - I lose battery energy from the heat
sink on my supply pack, so I don't get the rated performance from the
battery. My solution uses the ubiquitous LM317 regulator - does a great
job. Ask me about it anytime. Cheers

--
peejay

After Silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible
is music - Aldous Huxley.