Thanks for thinking about my question...

The truth is I'm not sure... I've dismantled  my stereo system since I
rarely use it to listen to music. I either use my Ipod with headphones
or played   through (at work) a Presonus Central Station into Mackie
824 speakers.. All I'm left with at home is my   epos es14...

I want an ultra simple system with nothing I don't want... I'd
considered:
Transporter or SB3 with external DA converter (that includes volume
contol)... fed into 2xFlying Mole DAD-M100pro (I can attenuate at the
amp)in to Epos es14... I'd need to evaluate the amp's first and if it
does not work with the Epos speakers I'd happily lose them....

The other option I liked was feeding straight into speakers like PMC
TB2S-A..  I've only heard them as nearfield monitors in a edit suite
and thought them good...

I'm slightl..y keen (but can be flexible) on buying equipment that can
be repurposed at work if it doesn't work out for straight music
replay.... For example if I buy the  PMC TB2S-A and think them  wrong
for music I'd stick them in an edit suite..

regards Michael

My dream would be (though I strongly suspect I wouldn't spend the
money)  the cheapest amp that would make PMC OB1 really sing and the
least money spent elsewhere to make thier purchase possible...

--
Michael16oz