pingpong;152150 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looking for used DAC To partner with the SB3 to improve the sound. Over
> at my place, I could get the NorthStar 192 or Meridian 563 or Musical
> Fidelity A324 at about the same price.
>
> May I know which is most compatible with the SB3. Looking for warm,
> lush and laid back kind of sound. Bright and forward is a big no no.
>
> TIA.
>
> Rgds

As long as transports affect the sound of the DAC this is a tough
question to answer. Some people might give you "definitive" answers,
but I would be sceptical unless they also specified what transport this
is valid for. (And method of connection.)

Some people here used to promote the Lavry, which supposedly is
unaffected by choice of transport, but now some of these same people
seem to prefer the Transporter. (Although I don't believe the
Transporter has been claimed to reject input jitter 100%, so it may not
be as good for other external digital sources.)

--
P Floding