opaqueice;153649 Wrote:
> I've never said anything particularly positive or negative about the
> transporter, as I have no experience with it.  Frankly, I wouldn't be
> surprised if it's indistinguishable from an SB in a blind test.
> However I also wouldn't be surprised if it isn't.  And that's a box
> that's been designed from the ground up to be superior to the SB, by
> experts with a large budget, lots of time, sophisticated measuring
> equipment, etc. etc.
>
> What Patrick is claiming is far harder to believe - that two SBs which
> differ by a few swapped parts, going into a jitter-rejecting Benchmark
> DAC, are easily distinguishable.  That's a much stronger statement than
> saying the analogue outs on a Transporter sound better than those on an
> SB.

What a load of absurd nonsense!
Why shouldn't it be possible to improve on the SB? Do you really
believe the Transporter to be so different? And, if so, in what way
would this difference make such a difference to the sound?
Also, the Benchmark isn't jitter "rejecting". That's just hype.

--
P Floding