highdudgeon;157456 Wrote:
> You do NOT want to be doing this at a volume level where you might be
> clipping!  Turn it down with your preamp (or squeeze box, it doesn't
> matter).  It really doesn't have to be all that loud -- somewhere in
> the 75-80db range is more than adequate, according to most sources.
> I've taken measurements at that level and at much lower levels, just to
> compare -- no difference.  Don't blow a speaker!
>
> Most graphs look horrible.  Can you smooth it to 1/6 octave or even
> 1/3?  1/3 is enough to give you a good idea of what' going on.  The
> good news is that your speaker/room interactions are similar for both
> sides.
>
> Remember, play with speaker placement.  Use Allison rules (search the
> forum; I've gone over this twice).   If you're like most people, your
> speakers are way too close to the wall, and that means havoc for low
> frequencies.  Don't rely on EQ, okay?  Do the best you can by
> optimizing speaker placement. Only then should you get into EQ.  You
> don't want to use EQ to make huge alterations -- the result won't sound
> very good.

highdugeon--
You're correct, but since this is a sine wave sweep, you can view the
x-axis here as frequency. You can find the exact frequency of that hug
peak by highlighting it, going to analyze, and selecting "spectrum", or
something similar.

ob_kook
I'd bet your china cabinet is actually resonating (I had a similar
experience with an entertainment center in my living room: I jettisoned
the thing, and the sound got immensely better).

Can you record a sweep at a low enough level that the china cabinet
isn't set off? You'll probably get a lot better sound out of the filter
if you can.

--
totoro

squeezebox 3 -> mccormack dna .5 -> audio physic tempo 4