Well I seem to be early on the list :)

My current set-up is in my signature.  I'm not a professional at
anything music- or hi-fi-related, although did work in a high-end
dealer many years ago.

I'm here as I got an SB3 - I used the forum to find out stuff
pre-purchase, and quite liked some of the arguments we had.  The
smaller community is nice compared to some very large audio ones.

My audio philosophy is very much on the subjective side.  I believe
that we have not found out everything we can measure, and that our ears
are more sensitive than any other measuring equipment.  I don't believe
double-blind A-B testing is the be-all as I change into a werewolf the
third time I hear a song in a row, although it can be useful.  I find
that I need to live with stuff for quite a while before deciding what I
really think.

I subscribe fully to the low power single-ended triode valve amp plus
high-efficiency speaker route - I just prefer the sound - it sounds
more like real music to me.  My system sounds incredibly good and I
don't envisage a change to the CD/amp/speakers for many years.  I found
the stock SB3 lacking, but it's getting OK now with an external DAC; I
may do more tweaking.

I listen mostly to classical, folk and world music.  I go to about one
classical/opera concert a week, and see folk or world music about 5-10
times a year.  I spend much more on live music than on recorded/hi-fi!

Finally I love having equipment that is named after me.  Sean should
give me a Transporter just so I can have another Slim device remote :)

Adam

--
adamslim

SB3 into Derek Shek d2, Shanling CDT-100, Rotel RT-990BX, Esoteric Audio
Research 859, Living Voice Auditorium IIs, Nordost cables