opaqueice;162073 Wrote:
> Then why add an external DAC to a carefully engineered product?
>
> The wordclock method should eliminate (or at least very greatly reduce)
> jitter, but it is still at best equal to the setup inside the TP.

This depends on the quality of the clock/oscillator being used, and
whether it is more/less accurate than the clock/oscillator inside the
TP.  TP oscillator jitter is listed at 12ps, and there are some out
there that are rated lower (I know dCS offers the Verona, which I
believe is spec'd at 4ps).  The ultimate would be an atomic
oscillator...!

And then there's the question as to whether you can actually hear the
differences.  I have a friend who added a Verona to his dCS rig, and to
my ears, it was one of those "I think I hear something different, but
I'm not sure"...

--
PhilNYC

Sonic Spirits Inc.