highdudgeon;162129 Wrote:
> 2. First and foremost, get your room and speaker sorted out.  Study your
> speaker's characteristics.  Learn about speaker placement (look at
> articles on Allison rules).  Learn about room measurement and look
> into, at the very least, EQ based on measurement and, better, room
> correction (Acourate, Tact, Lyngdorf).  Get  your sound RIGHT.  Only
> then will you really appreciate the nuances, if indeed they still
> matter, between these things.

Why is "First and foremost" listed as #2? ;-)

But interestingly, it was prior to getting my room and speaker
placement sorted out that I found myself not hearing much difference
between things like the TP and my DAC.  Getting the room and the
speaker placement just right raised the performance of my system to the
point where I was hearing differences in gear that I previously could
not...

--
PhilNYC

Sonic Spirits Inc.