I have a pretty decent system (see signature and pic below). I am
currently using an ummodded SB3 with the Power One linear PS. The DAC
is a Lite Audio DAC60 (BB 1704 based, 6922 outputs) with upgraded
coupling caps (Sonicaps with bypass).

I am not willing to get rid of my preamp since I also do analog. Also,
all my outputs, inputs are single-ended.

Right now I am getting fantastic sound out of my SB3+DAC combo. But
given the quality of the rest of my equipment, would it be worthwile to
upgrade to a transporter? If so, I would have little need to keep the
Lite Audio DAC.

|Filename: system november 06 low res.jpg                           |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2145|

crooner

SB3 with Custom Linear Power Supply
Lite Audio DAC-60 Tube DAC
VPI Scout with Benz Micro Glider M2
Audio Research PH3, SP16L and VS110
Vandersteen 2Ce signatures, 2W subwoofer.