Patrick,

1. That's just plain weird, but I know you don't like me, that you
resentment for whatever silly reason, and that you find that it makes
you feel good to flame me from time to time.  I have over 300gb in
Apple Lossless.  Apple Lossless is not a bad thing.  It is, well,
lossless.  It is -- really -- as good as anything else.  However, I am
sure that, with fairy dust and a few incantations, you can make far
superior scans.  I'm also sure you've taken great measures to correct
you room and system.

2. No one has to take my advice on a damned thing and I'm certainly to
last to insist on it. If you don't like what I have to say (which
includes the obversation that the Transporter looks a lot better than
your gadget) then bloody well ignore it.  Get it?  Ignore it.  I know
some people find that hard to do...but it is worth a try.  Certainly
more worthwhile than turning a sort-of interesting advice and
recommendation thread and turning it into a mudslinging zone.  You're
just a great chap.

--
highdudgeon

Relax.  It's about the music.