Bad advice here...
Phil Leigh;164742 Wrote:
> but there is no point in using a solo voice as a reference track if the
> normal listening preference is Metallica.
> If you like thrash metal, you need a system that can do that well!
>
> Some systems suit certain types of music better than others...

I was only talking about using certain type of recording to help ID
neutral sounding gears.
See, regardless of type of music one enjoys (I certainly am guilty of
cranking it up with TOOLS once in awhile), our goal is still to
faithfully reproducing the source, all else is distortion. You surely
don't want to "distort" even Metallica, do ya?
>  Quote:
> Originally Posted by Mike Anderson:
>
> Interesting, where can you find such music?

It's been awhile, using a friend's Stax headphone system. Some of the
recordings were from Nimbus Records' Ambisonic series, and some from
obscured sources I don't remember, but I remembered how they sounded!

--
empty99